I don’t know about you, but we will not be able to go out and Trick-or-Treat this year. So, we’ve come up with some fun ideas to celebrate the day together!
- Family Dress Up: Be creative and find things around the house. Its amazing what funny things we can come up with; Sheet ghost, doctor, clown, etc. have fun.
- Goodies Treasure hunt or Scavenger Hunt: We’ve taken our candy and placed it in little bags. Now we are going to hide it in places all over our yard and give our son a treasure map to go and find his loot. You can also give your kid a list of clues to find the hidden candy. If you don’t have a yard, the house will do just as well. For an extra dose of fun, turn the lights off and let them do it with flashlights!
- Carve a pumpkin: If you’ve been able to get a pumpkin then grab a dry erase marker (if you have one) and make your design. The great thing about the dry erase marker is that you can change things up if you’re not satisfied with the design and the mark comes right off! Remember to cut a little chimney in your lid to let the extra heat come out the top. Don’t have a candle? Improvise.
- Make a fire: Have a firepit? Use it today! Have a fireplace, that will work to! Don’t have either, stick your carved pumpkin on your table for decoration and light it for dinner! (the candle, not the pumpkin, lol).
- Lets See your MOVES: This is a family favorite. Its silly and fun. When its your turn you have to get up and another person is in charge of the tunes. you can use spotify or just have fun humming different styles of music. The person that is IT has to dance in these styles, until they mess up or everyone is super giggly and ready for the next person.
PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE
Want to make a version of it at home? I make either a cappuccino or macchiato with my machine (either works). Then just add:
- Real whip cream or a very small scoop of vanilla ice cream
- A few shakes of Pumpkin Spice.
- Don’t have Pumpkin Spice? Lets make one! Grab a little container (I keep empty glass spice jars and clean them out to reuse, but any, clean, plastic container will work.
Pumpkin Spice Recipe:
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
Add a little more ginger or cloves if you like. shake it all together and and sprinkle on top of the whip cream or scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
Its not rocket science and its delicious! Pop some popcorn and set aside (eat some while you do the following).
In a small sauce pan do a 2 to 1 ratio on Brown Sugar and Butter. Meaning, for one large bowl of popcorn I might use 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter. stir it and let it bubble and get thick.. This will take under 10 minutes. For fun, you can take a little out and drop it into some cold water, it will harden up and tasty like candy (My kids LOVE doing this). Then, when its thick and bubbly, pour it over the popcorn and stir. Enjoy!
Fall Baked Apples
- 8 Spiral sliced apples
- 1 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bourban vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 195 C. Place the swirl sliced apples in a baking dish. Add all other ingredients to a bowl and mix together. press as much mixture into the apples as you can and then put the rest in the bottom of the pan around the apples. Baked for about 20-25 minutes and serve with whip cream of vanilla ice cream. They are freaking amazing, I might have eaten 3 already…
I hope that Helps some of you Have an amazing day today. It doesn’t need to be JUST for Halloween either. You can make a fun fall day, any day!
Have a fun tradition to add to the mix? Let me know!